Thursday, January 23, 2014

Weight loss seems to have stopped. After losing 17 kg, my body seems to have gotten used to not getting much nourishment twice a week. Either that, or I’m putting on muscle weight as I’ve started running on a more regular basis.

I run 3km twice per week (on the mornings of my fasting days, even) and a progressively longer run every Sunday (shooting for 13 km next Sunday and +2 km every Sunday after that until I hit 35 km). The short runs are done as fast as I can – ~5 min./km – while the longer runs are kept at a more moderate pace. I’ve discovered that running’s quite fun, although the near-freezing run in the dark at 6 am is tough.


I set myself the goal of adhering to the 5:2 diet for three months. It’s closing in on five months now, and it’s only the past two weeks that’ve been hard. It is absolutely amazing what a motivator a weight loss can be! So the next three months will be hard. However, if I continue to see a change in how I look, it may help. What I’ve learned for now is that the scales is not your friend! So no more weighing for me for the next three weeks - it's a level of disappointment I don't need.

No comments: